Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Fool Calls it Luck

There are phrases, comments, advice that people give which stand out. Sometimes they are random, sometimes they are relative. Sometimes they are from strangers, acquaintances, friends or loved ones.

I recalled one last night as I was trying to think of what to share here today. A dear friend's husband used to say this when I would wish them good luck:

Luck is a fool's way of labeling God's blessings. What you mean is to wish God's blessings...

I paraphrase, of course, because I didn't note the direct quote at the time. I've heard the concept a few other times since then, but his perspective is the most vivid. While I do still wish good luck, it means more in my heart; there is really no such thing as luck, just God's promise to bless our lives if we have faith in His plan.

God bless!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Nikki here again-

Yes this is a beautiful phrase. Its so true. I believe the exact quote is...

Luck is what a fool calls Gods blessings.

But it really doesn't matter how you phrase it, it all means the same thing. Nice post. I like how encouraging you are!

Nikki said...

Stole the saying from dave .I cant take credit although I think I made it more famous than he did.

hit counter">