Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Still Amazed

"May the Lord bring you into an ever deeper understanding of the love of God and of the patience that comes from Christ." 2 Thessalonians 3:5

I continue to be in awe of God for His ability to show us in so many big and tiny ways that He is present, provided you accept His presence. Some people unfortunately walk around, professing that they know God exists, but then ask repeatedly why they never see proof of His being. I feel blessed to have eyes wide open most the time, especially lately, to see that He is there for me. Through friends, family, strangers, nature, my dog, computer blogs, books, anything, I am able to see the messages God shares with me to get me through each day. I am able to find joy amongst my grief, to find building blocks out of recent destruction, to find peace within chaos. I can see He is powerful, more powerful than any trial I can dream up or experience. If He is patient enough to sort through my problems and to wait for me to trust Him to fix those problems, then the least I can do is learn to accept His help with patience.

I pray God continues to paint my soul with His beautiful grace and give me patience, clarity, and peace as I tread my way through the trials placed upon me. I know either way the outcome I will be blessed if I trust in God's love. Sometimes it's easier said than believed, but that is why I walk around listening and looking for God's voice to remind me to trust Him. I am growing my ever deeper understanding of His love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never stop amazing me. You are a truly inspirational woman.

Nikki

hit counter">