Saturday, January 26, 2008

God is my Hope

"But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed
AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED,
but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;
and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.
For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.

1 Peter 3:14-17

I read this the other night and found comfort knowing that God can be revealed to others simply by my going through trials and hard times. Though some of my circumstances may be heart-wrenching and at times hard to see that I will not always feel so devastated, I do know I have joy in Christ. I have hope. I have faith. I have Him. For all of that, I am already blessed.

No comments:

hit counter">