Sunday, September 2, 2007

Crosses to Bear

Yesterday I went to a women's Bible study breakfast with a close friend. Each month my friend's church holds a women's breakfast where the older women cook breakfast dishes and teach a message to the group. Yesterday's message was about depression and how the word of God can help dissipate the gloomy cloud of depression. What I took home from the study was this:

We all have crosses to bear. Bearing crosses, I understand, is part of God's plan for us, which is part of His bigger plan for the world. We are not perfect, we are fallible, and we can find strength to carry our crosses in Him. By bearing our crosses with grace and faith in His plan we make God happy; furthermore, we make Him stronger, which turns out to make us stronger too!

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

What crosses do you bear? What keeps happening to you, or what has happened to you that you deal with everyday? Are there crosses that you are trying to carry by yourself? Are there crosses you are bearing that would be easier with His help?

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Once I met a guy that works with my husband that said it must be a heavey cross to bear being married to him. Nice huh? I told him in, the nicest voice I have, that it was no cross at all, why? He felt pretty dumb. What a rude thing to say!

Hmmm, as for me. I bear the cross of discontentment as most do. I have a lot of leaning on God to do, as well as a lot of growing. I look at others things and am jelouse that I don't have as much or as nice. When really I should be thanking God that I am lucky enough to know Him and be a mom to my 3 awesome kids. What a brat!

Nikki said...

Hey, I was expecting a new post! Come on now. Hope you are felling better today. By the way, this is Nikki!

hit counter">