Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sufficient for the day...

There come days when all I can think about is tomorrow...the future, the what-ifs, the uncertain. I have heard many times not to worry about tomorrow, but it never stuck until last year when several troubling events piled up around the same time.

It is part of human nature to try to plan and prepare for the future. While I believe that some amount of preparedness is healthy and helpful, it can also lead to a lack of faith not only in oneself to handle a situation, but also in God's plan for our tomorrows.

Tonight one of my best friends will be close in heart, prayer and thought as she tries to let tomorrow worry about itself.

~Dear Friend, find comfort in His word:

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. ~Matthew 6:34

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you dear friend totally made me cry!!! Nice job. Thank you so much for the encouraging words. You are so good to me. Thank you for caring and for being such a great friend. I love you.

Pippen Prints: Elizabeth Murray Design said...

God has your back!

Anonymous said...

I worry a lot and it's sinful and stumbling. It's a subtle suspicion that God isn't good, and a denial of the Word that tells us, "All things work together for good for those that love the Lord."
Good words of encouragement, Libbie.
~Michele

Anonymous said...

I think its time to write a new post!

hit counter">