Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Seasonal sentiments

My sister blog, My Cancer Story, posted 'myHarvest' a couple weeks ago and I thought it fit well for the onset of fall. Here's the post:

I came upon this scripture today and wanted to share it's encouragement:

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. ~Galatians 6:9

What harvest are you trying to reap? Do you have faith that there is a harvest for your efforts in good? I've often noticed that God is more often acknowledged under bad circumstances. Some people turn to Him for support, help, hope, others turn against Him for a lack of understanding His plan. Though He wants us to lean on Him when we are weak, He also needs us to believe He is there when we reap our harvests.

~What I get from this:
I try to remember to acknowledge God's plan and presence in the good times, as well as in the bad. It's sometimes harder to remember to praise God for the blessings He gives in answer to prayer during hard times. I remind myself to pray thanks as often as I pray for help.

Further, I like this message because it implies that we should not use time of struggle to justify discontinued acts of good. His harvest is promised to be bountiful and rewarding!

No comments:

hit counter">