Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am the trophy?

Lately I have indirectly questioned God about why someone dear to me was taken from my life. Am I being punished? Was it to teach me something? Was there something I didn't do and should have to be worthy of holding on to this precious relationship? Is there something He needs me to do or receive that this person was something God needed to remove from my life? Is there a reason that I couldn't be with this person any longer?

I questioned this quietly with God over the last few months and yesterday I felt the Holy Spirit flip a light bulb on. I recalled an insight I'd heard earlier this year and heard God flip the question on me. "What if it is more that I am taking YOU from him?" The insight I'd heard this year was to consider myself "a trophy," not only for God, but for others who love me. I am the trophy! I heard God ask me "What if he didn't deserve YOU any longer? What if I had to remove you so that he could hear me?"

Hearing this was astounding for me. It's hard to believe God would love me so much that He would use ME as the reward for someone else. That as the trophy I am in Him, I should be proudly possessed by someone who completed the tasks to keep me. As much as it hurts to lose this person from my life, I did feel God's promise of His care and provision for me. I am the trophy because of God. I am the trophy because He makes me shine. Now, perhaps this new knowledge will catch up with my heart so that I can accept that this may not be happening to me, but that I am the priveledge that was taken away from someone who didn't do what he should. Next question please...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should read this daily to remind yourself of this truth, cause it seems too easy for you to forget.

Pippen Prints: Elizabeth Murray Design said...

day by day...all I can do. :) It does get a little easier, thanks to you and others of course. xo Thanks Nik!

Anonymous said...

NEW POST TIME!

Anonymous said...

Really? You still haven't written a new post? Come on now woman!!!

Anonymous said...

wow. you ARE the trophy. and a beautiful and WISE one, to boot! sending lots of love to you... always. xo

hit counter">