Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Armor of Faith

"But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet." 1 Thessalonians 5:8

I love the visualizations God is giving me through this, yet another of my trials. I can protect myself with His love and His promises. I am at battle against forces that will try to destroy my faith. I am standing firm for what is right, for what God wills for my life. I wear my armor with grace and am ready for whatever may come. God's strength is in me and I pray it continues to grow stronger and sturdier. While my flesh is weak, my soul will not be hurt. I have joy because of Him, a blessing I count regularly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you have written in your blog is parallel to my journey in some ways. This blog struck me because my favorite saying is a quote that my great-grandfather used to tell me as a child every day; "Wear your armor of faith!" I had no idea, until reading your blog, where it came from, although I am a Christian and have read the bible several times. Maybe it never struck me as I read it, or maybe it needed to strike me upon reading your blog today. So, although unsolicited, I feel compelled to give your this message. (I hope I do not disrupt you by telling you this.)
The body is a facade. One day we will be with our higher being and be able to reflect on what we have learned and gained through the body we once knew as our own. Some people have to live 1000 times to get it right, but if you can see that tiny light through all the muck and mire we call life, you have found a greater place, maybe even heaven on earth. For in this place, you can heal your body with your thoughts and project the outward thoughts that guide your life on the journey that YOU want to go on. Thoughts manifest into tangible things; the good, the bad and the ugly. You are perfect the way you are today. Don't live your life by default- choose your destiny, and live it today- Don't wait for it to come to you. :) Thank you for your inspiration!

hit counter">