Monday, February 16, 2009

No man's princess

I admit that lately I have a difficult time feeling as if I am special by any means. I can feel tugs in my lonely heart as if the Spirit is urgently trying to get me to remember I matter. Hopeful this is a temporary phase and mostly a result of circumstance and memories of several Februaries passed, I don't mean to post in this tone as if I have no joy, hope, love, or other blessings in my life. I wanted to share a verse I will use as a focus for when the girl in the mirror is trying to disagree:

"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me..." 2 Timothy 4:8

I am no princess to any "prince" on this earth, but it is comforting to think there is a King who believes I'm already His princess. We are all royalty to this King. Someday I'll sell the rhinestone tiara that I wore 6 Februaries ago because it only means broken promises and tarnished memories. But I'll gladly wear the crown of righteousness God has for me because I "have longed for His appearing." Even if it doesn't always feel like it, I will do better if I focus on the royalty God sees in me. I am someOne's princess...thank You, Your Majesty.

...and thank you, Heather, for giving voice to His stirring in me. I needed to hear it. :)

No comments:

hit counter">