Saturday, November 3, 2007

Making my way through...

I have not forgotten my 'post' responsibilities, but needed time to take care of my life offline. :) I'm beginning to feel renewed, thanks to a few friends and the Word, and felt that today I would finally post...I can't believe it's been over 4 weeks! oops!!

I've discussed before how it seems so much easier to journal privately about negative things I am coping with in life, as opposed to journaling the blessings and positive things that happen everyday. In contrast, I find it harder to blog about negative things, and easier to share the blessings here, which I suppose has to do with my own internal issues (what will people think, etc), but nevertheless, it's good for me, and encouraging to others when I post about blessings in my life.

To begin a new month of posts I would like to list the blessings that have been present in my life, even in the darker times:
  1. I am not ever alone, even when it feels that way. I have wonderful, good-hearted, and wise friends, loving family, and a loyal puppy...not to mention a husband that always tries to be supportive, and of course God and His mercy and grace for me.
  2. I have a flexible job that allows me to do my work in the peace of my own home, and that is supportive of my personal life's well-being.
  3. I am able to read. This may sound sort of simple and plain, but lately I've been realizing I'd be no where if I couldn't read inspiration in the Bible or in other books...let alone positive emails and instant messages from friends who hold me accountable.
  4. Even when it's a huge challenge, I am able to see the silver lining, and my faith remains true that there is a plan for my life that will make sense, in the near or far future.
  5. I have the luxury to have resources to help me when I'm down.

These might seem vague, and I admit that in writing them even I am still feeling a bit 'exposed' sharing them, but I'm glad to share them and I know they are true. I look forward to sharing more with you and appreciate the couple readers that have asked me 'where I've been' on my blogging... I hope to be back to my blogs more regularly because they are a special outlet for me, that I never realized I needed.

Many blessings!~

No comments:

hit counter">