Monday, November 3, 2008

Honor your right to VOTE!

“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord” Psalm 33:12

I was reminded today of a blessing we as women are given in America...the right to vote. It is hard to remember that it's not been long since women were denied the right to vote. I admit that it's easy to take this for granted, and by sharing the following prayer and article, I hope to inspire other blessed women to participate as an American citizen and VOTE!

Dear Lord, in this upcoming election, I pray that You will move in the hearts of Your people in this nation to vote. I pray You will work in and through our leaders to guide and bless this nation – may it be so in all nations, Lord! Guide us by your Spirit, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Did you vote? I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I did! It is a blessing to live in a country where we have this right. Its not something to be taken for granted by anyone. It bothers me to hear that there are people who are in their 80s+ that voted for the first time this year. We have people dying in a war to make this posible for us, it shouldn't take so much to get people out there!

hit counter">